Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Leveling Prot

some time ago, I rolled a paladin to play exclusively with a friend who was new to the game. I chose to play a tank because I thought that would put me in the best position to keep her alive and, since she wanted to roll a blood elf, a paladin seemed like an excellent choice for me as they also offer some healing ability. we got into the early 60s before we parted ways and I've recently started leveling him again now that my rogue's hit 80.

most folks will tell you that leveling in anything other than a pure dps spec is a slow and painful process, but don't you believe it. leveling as a protection paladin has been nothing but good times for me.

I've solo'd every 3-man group quest I've come across in northrend so far. when I feel like running a dungeon or three, my queue times are nearly instant. when questing, I kill 5-6 mobs at once with no downtime (ironically it takes me longer to kill 1 mob then it does to kill 4, but that's life as a prot pally). I'm durable enough to start a fight, walk away from the keyboard to get myself a drink and still be alive when I get back. despite this character having no heirloom gear, my leveling pace seems to be on par with my rogue who was leveling with +20% xp (probably due to being able to squeeze more dungeons into the same amount of playtime). I am 100% tank (no dps off-spec, no dps gear) and wouldn't level this character any other way.

No comments: