Monday, January 7, 2008

On New Beginnings

I know, I know... just what the world needs, right? yet another World of Warcraft blog. so what makes this one special? I haven't the foggiest. blogging's a new idea for me and I'm not quite sure what direction I want to run with it, yet. expect things to ramble for a good while, I think. this probably won't be specific to WoW, either, though that's going to be the focus.

a little about me... software engineer by trade, located on the west coast of the US, thirty something, devilishly handso... er, where was I? oh, right... world of warcraft. you might say I'm rather fond of WoW... and by "fond" I mean I've played a bit... and by "a bit" I mean I've played a lot. I didn't realize just how much until I sat down last night to add up all my characters and /played time for this post. it was... eye opening. here's how the numbers stacked up:

- 22 characters (19 if you skip the bank alts)
- spread across 5 servers (pve and pvp, horde and alliance)
- 4 lvl 70s (2 created post-TBC), 3 60s, 5 in the 40-60 range, the rest in the 20s to 30s
- over 150 *days* of /played time

I started playing in december of 2004, a month after release. my first 60 was an undead frost mage back when [Glowing Brightwood Staff] was one of *the* hot caster weapons (sold for over 1000g) and MC was shiny and new. since then I've played warlocks (one to 70), rogues (one to 60), druids (one to 60), hunters (one to 70), shaman (one to 70), more mages (one to 70), paladins (one to 58) & priests (my current "main" - 34 and counting). I've played undead, orcs, tauren, blood elves, night elves, gnomes, dwarves and humans. some might say I've got an mild case of altoholism... or a short attention span; take your pick.

I'm a casual raider (ZG, AQ20, kara) and casual pvp'er. I've been in every non-raid instance that's out there at least once, though I've vowed to never set foot in a few of them again (*cough* Uldaman *cough*). I've been in big guilds and micro guilds and held roles ranging from noob to class officer.

so, yeah... I've played a bit ;)

why "Elvis Does Wow"? I didn't want to use a character name because I change who my "main" character is all the time. elvis is a IRL nickname. you know how people have coffee names? that's how the elvis thing got started. it just kind of stuck from there...

anyway, welcome to the blog. this is going to be my outlet for all the wow stuff that's been floating around in my head for the last few years; my own experiences, tips and tricks I've learned along the way, random observations and the odd rant or three. who knows, someone might even learn something ;)

1 comment:

Bell said...

I hope people learn something >.> You have ickle and not-so-ickle huntards to train up.

Yay Elvis! :D